Saturday, October 14, 2006

Tips On What To Carry Into The Great Outdoors

"Geez, Tim, your photo gear alone is heavier than my entire backpack!" This was a fellow backpacker I met in Glacier National Park. She was exaggerating - I hope. But it is certainly true that adding a lot of photography equipment to a loaded camping backpack adds significant weight.

So why do I take on the burden of a richly camera-laden pack when I go backpacking? Because I want my full photographic outfit available so that I can bring home my best possible images of the remote places I visit. A multi-day backpacking trip can take a photographer to locations far beyond the reach of a day's hike. Even if a backcountry camping journey doesn't travel any farther from the trail head than a day hike could, it still lets one shoot during the special dawn and sunset light at the campsite location, whereas a day hiker would need to be on the trail for hours in the dark to get to the same spot at the same time. I could lighten my load by taking just a camera and a minimal set of accessories, but that would severely limit my photographic options.

Timothy Edberg at Shutterbug shares with you his method of packing a full photo rig for maximum comfort and productivity.

Art lovers who liked this also liked:
engaging art
engaging canvas prints
engaging framed prints
engaging acrylic prints
engaging metal prints
engaging prints
engaging posters
engaging greeting cards
engaging photos

mirrored art
mirrored canvas prints
mirrored framed prints
mirrored acrylic prints
mirrored metal prints
mirrored prints
mirrored posters
mirrored greeting cards
mirrored photos

cloud gate art
cloud gate canvas prints
cloud gate framed prints
cloud gate acrylic prints
cloud gate prints
cloud gate posters
cloud gate greeting cards
cloud gate photos


No comments: