Saturday, February 24, 2007

Working Like a Dog

A Pet Photographer Has His Day
by Christopher Appoldt
Studio Photography Contributor

I've been happily wearing through camera shutters with my pet portraits and pet stock photography for two years now, and I haven't looked back once. Between my love of the animals, the joy I see in the owners as they gaze with pride at their pets' new, in-print celebrity, and the bottom-line boost it has provided, I'm doing everything I can to optimize my small business and diversify my sales.
My goal is always the same: Have fun with it, love the subjects, and aim to please my client with a great, honest, emotive portrait. If you're thinking of getting started in pet portraiture, those ideals are good goals - and the incentive is there, with the pet industry and related services still on the rise.
While pet portraiture may seem like an easy, fun thing to do, it is probably best explained as a combination of shooting weddings and kids. Things move quickly and rarely in the direction you expect. It's a perilous environment for your equipment, too. Lights get knocked over, accidents happen on the backdrop, and props rarely survive more than a few sittings. I won't tell you what happened to one of my favorite Tenba bags. . .
The pet photographer has to be prepared to shoot anything from a lovebird to a St. Bernard, offering fur and feather that span the full tonal range, and behaviors that range from perfect manners to pure insanity. It's not for everyone.

Fll article here: http://www.imaginginfo.com/publication/article.jsp?pubId=3&id=2295

http://www.ct-graphics.com/other/infrared-photography-2591.html
http://www.ct-graphics.com/wildlife/page3.html




Photography lovers who liked this also liked:
control art
control canvas prints
control framed prints
control acrylic prints
control prints
control posters
control greeting cards
control photos

traffic control art
traffic control canvas prints
traffic control framed prints
traffic control acrylic prints
traffic control prints
traffic control posters
traffic control greeting cards
traffic control photos

naked people art
naked people canvas prints
naked people framed prints
naked people acrylic prints
naked people metal prints
naked people prints
naked people posters
naked people greeting cards
naked people photos

naked boy metal prints
traffic control metal prints

No comments: